We offer these stress reduction solutions:
Individual Tax Returns
Whether we like it or not, today’s tax laws are so complicated that filing a relatively simply return can be confusing. It is just easy to overlook deductions and credits to which you are entitled. Even if you use a computer software program, there’s no substitute for being able to get personalized answers to your unique situation.
Business Tax Returns
Whether it is preparing your yearend books, knowing what to bring to the accountant, wondering if you will be audited, concerned about how much you owe in taxes, or frustrated because your accountant will not call you back? One thing is certain: Business taxes can be overwhelming. Florina’s Accounting and Tax Services provide relief in all of these issues and takes the overwhelming out of Business taxes.
Tax Planning and Consulting
Whether you are an individual, partnership, LLC, S-Corporation or C-Corporation two things are always certain:
- There are always ways to reduce what you owe in taxes
- There are always ways to reduce your risk of being audited.
You just need an accountant who cares more about your needs then they care about their own and who knows how to use the complicated tax laws in your favor all year round.
IRS & State Tax Problems
One of the biggest headaches you have to face as a tax payer is dealing with the IRS. Whether your problem is a letter, audit, back taxes, or payroll tax problems, one thing is certain, the problem will not go away on its own. You need someone who both cares about you and has the technical expertise to walk by your side every step of the way until the problem is resolved.
We offer these time saving solutions:
Our payroll service eliminates the burden of customizing, updating and maintaining your own payroll system. This means no more data entry, no more payroll deadlines, no more changing laws, no more worries. Use your staff more efficiently by letting us handle payroll and the associated tax filings.
If you find yourself consumed by never ending bills to pay, invoices to create, checks to sign, and paperwork to sort through we can help. We offer full service bookkeeping that can be customized to give you back your life. We can assist with your bookkeeping needs on a spectrum of 0% to 100% depending on what you want to retain and what you want us to take.
Monthly Review Services
Are you ever left wondering if your inaccuracies in your books are leading to you overpaying taxes or causing you to make bad management decisions? We offer a monthly, quarterly, or annual assessment of your books that will eliminate the need for concern when it comes to health of your day to day accounting system.
Understanding Your Financial Reports
Reading financial statements and reports can be very confusing. Being able to use the information to make good management decisions is even more difficult. Our professionals use their business and accounting experience to help walk you through the various financial reports and implement strategic business changes based on these reports.
Internal Operations and Controls
Have you ever wondered if there was a more efficient process or way to do things in your company? Have you ever wondered if you are protected from employee theft of money or time? We offer a detailed analysis of every aspect of your business to answer both of these questions.
We alleviate your frustrations with these solutions :
QuickBooks® Setup & Design
QuickBooks® is designed to be user-friendly, but like most software it is not as easy as it looks. The initial setup and installation is vital and must be done correctly in order for future information to be accurate. We will take the guess work out of installing the software, setting up the chart of accounts and designing the entire accounting system including payroll, accounts receivable, inventory, loans and accounts payable. We will then eliminate your overwhelmed feelings and walk you through everything you need to know to get started.
Our certified QuickBooks® Pro Advisors technically know the software better than anyone you have ever worked with, yet can explain the concepts in terms you can understand. Whether it is at our office, your office, phone call support, trouble-shooting through remote access, you can always expect immediate answers and solutions to your problems.
Monthly or Quarterly QuickBooks® Reviews
By reviewing your QuickBooks® we will help ensure you know how your business is always doing. We will ensure that inaccuracies in your books do not lead to you overpaying taxes, making misinformed management decisions, filing an untimely tax return, inability to receive bank financing, or increasing your of an audit.
QuickBooks® “Disaster Cleanup”
One of the biggest frustrations a business owner can face is knowing their books are a huge mess, and not knowing how they can fix them. We can give you hope and a new start by performing “disaster cleanup” services on your books.
As a small business owner you have a limited amount of time to manage your books. Your focus needs to be on revenue generating opportunities and strategic management. I take care of your books for you, so you can get back to the job of running your business and generating profits.
Each month or quarter I'll do the following things for you...
- Reconcile your bank account
- Generate an income statement
- Generate a balance sheet
- Clean up your general ledger
- Provide unlimited consultations
These tasks form the solid foundation of your small business accounting system. You can customize the package of services you receive by adding payroll, tax planning, tax preparation, or any of my other services.
Reconciling your business checking account each month allow us to keep your bank account, accounting, and taxes up-to-date. Having me reconcile your account each month allows you to...
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and unauthorized wire transactions.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Know how your business is doing? You can't really know unless all accounts are reconciled and properly accounted for on your financial statement.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
An income statement, otherwise known as a profit and loss statement, basically adds an itemized list of all your revenues and subtracts an itemized list of all your expenses to come up with a profit or loss for the period. An income statement allows you to...
- Track revenues and expenses so that you can determine the operating performance of your business.
- Determine what areas of your business are over-budget or under-budget.
- Identify specific items that are causing unexpected expenditures. Like phone, fax, mail, or supply expenses.
- Track dramatic increases in product returns or cost of goods sold as a percentage of sales.
- Determine your income tax liability.
A balance sheet gives you a snapshot of your business' financial condition at a specific moment in time. A balance sheet helps you:
- quickly get a handle on the financial strength and capabilities of your business
- identify and analyze trends, particularly in the area of receivables and payables. For example, if your receivables cycle is lengthening, maybe you can collect your receivables more aggressively
- determine if your business is in a position to expand
- determine if your business can easily handle the normal financial ebbs and flows of revenues and expenses
- determine if you need to take immediate steps to bolster cash reserves
- determine if your business has been slowing down payables to forestall an inevitable cash shortage
Balance sheets, along with income statements, are the most basic elements in providing financial reporting to potential lenders such as banks, investors, and vendors who are considering how much credit to grant you.
Maintaining a Clean General Ledger
The general ledger is the core of your company's financial records. These records constitute the central "books" of your system. Since every transaction flows through the general ledger, a problem with your general ledger throws off all your books. Having me review your general ledger system each month allows me to hunt down any discrepancies such as double billings or any unrecorded payments. Then I will fix the discrepancies so your books are always accurate and kept in tip top shape.
I am always available to spend time with you so you fully understand how to interpret and utilize the financial information provided. My consultations are already included in my price, so please feel free to call me whenever you have a question or concern.